Monday, January 7, 2013

#7

I am grateful for my memory and intelligence.

I used to lament the fact that I had no talents. My brother was an amazing artist, as was my Nana and friends that I have. I have friend who can sing beautifully and other friends who can play instruments and make it look easy. I always felt I didn't have anything to bring to the table.

People have always called me smart; classmates would want to sit next to me just to copy my work. I never liked it. I didn't believe I was smart. I knew I had a knack for remembering number sequences and random facts but I never felt it was a talent or anything special until I took the ASFAB test and scored highest for any female in the country. At that point I began to wonder if maybe my memory was some sort of talent, but, I still never thought of myself as smart.

As time has gone one, I have embraced the fact that remember things with ease. I don't need my contacts list in my phone; everyone's numbers are in my head. I like being able to pull up random facts, though people often assume I am wrong or stupid. I also don't just simply remember facts, I am able to use what I know to figure out other problems or questions. I can use life experiences to figure out other people.

It may not be a tangible thing, but I feel like I have something. I am able to apply things to my life and it helps me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment