Saturday, January 5, 2013

Anxiety

Have you ever had overwhelming anxiety and can't figure out the exact reason?

That is what I am experiencing at the moment and experienced all day yesterday. I have had trouble sleeping for two nights now. I have always had a degree of insomnia, but this trouble is different.

I am overly tired during the day and feel like I am in fog. My brain is fuzzy. The worst part is I can not shake this feeling that something isn't right or that something bad is going to happen. This feeling was heightened yesterday when I took my youngest to the doctor (how thing is outlined in the previous post if you are curious). I kept thinking she was going to have to go in for emergency surgery for appendicitis, even though I knew logically the chances were low that it would turn out she had appendicitis. After it was ruled out, my anxiety level dropped some but it hasn't gone away. It's back at the same level it was prior to seeing her pediatrician.

I know lots of people have anxiety disorders. My brother had pretty crippling anxiety. I have always had social anxiety and prefer to be alone much of the time. I, of course, have experienced anxiety in stressful, frightening times, as we all have. I have just never had anxiety this bad. I can feel it in my chest constantly. I almost feel like I have to move all the time. I am not sure if my brain fuzz and fog are symptoms of anxiety too or if I have a bit of a virus but, I will tell you, the fuzz and fog sure are not helping matters.

I'm also feeling very snappy and angry. I am getting mad at little things. I am trying my best to keep my cool and not fly off the handle. The result is I just want to be alone and not go anywhere or do anything. I need to chill out. I just can not figure out how!

I am going to try taking a nap with the kids and maybe doing an exercise dvd later today.  I am hoping that will help me get rid of this anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment