Thursday, January 3, 2013

Drama whores

Over the past couple of days I have been experiencing the affects of internet drama whores. There is a person who I have not spoken to in 6 months due to a rather unfortunate series of events and some people decided that we were both making statuses about one another. Funny thing is, while I made a few status about the "unfortunate" events, nothing was directed at her or her family in any kind of malicious way. The things I saw from her end could definitely be construed as directed toward me, but as we have not spoken in 6 months how am I to know if she isn't having issues with another person in her life?

I decided to suck it up and send her a message about this crazy status stuff.  I won't lie, I was nervous to write to her. It's not that I thought she would say anything mean or rude to me. I know better than that.  I was nervous because I didn't want to run the risk of making all this silly drama worse.

Thankfully, I expressed myself correctly and the drama didn't increase and I think we squashed it. We actually had a pretty long talk via FB message and realized neither one of us had much interest in the other and we had just allowed  some petty individual to get in our heads for a moment.

We came to what I like to think is a good understanding of each other and the things we write about. We also gave each other a brief update on our lives. She is very happy and doing great. Her newest child is just adorable and she is living the life she has wanted for some time. I really like to hear the good events in people's lives especially when I haven't spoken to them in awhile.

I have to say I am thankful for the people in this world who are not enamored by drama and are sensible people. I enjoy having conversations with people who understand that there is not just one truth and that sometimes the truth we see isn't truth at all and are willing to alter their perception of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment